Tuesday 24 April 2012

Empties

Hey guys! This is exciting, I thought I'd join the trend and let you know what products I have finished off this month. Yay!

First, I bought a cheap bottle of vitamin E oil. My combination skin is so difficult to please so I thought I'd start with the cheaper end of the scale in the form of Superdrug's own brand and I was rather surprised. The oil was good to apply at night time, it reduced redness and noticeably improved my scars. It was around the £3 mark, so one of my better purchases.


Next, a bottle of perfume. Now I'm not going to lie to you guys, I have had this for years. By years, I mean I got it for Christmas 2 years ago! I didn't particularly like this scent, it was a bit too heavy for me and it's best as a Autumn/Winter smell but I felt the need to use it up.



I also used up this mascara, the name has rubbed off but its a Rimmel product. I got this in a little set for Christmas, this mascara was intended for 'nights out' - for a more glam look. And it was great, it lengthened my lashes to the extreme and made me look like I had false lashes on. Great product.

Another mascara! I done a review on this a few days ago. The Revlon 'Grow Luscious' mascara. Loved this, but I wouldn't buy it again. It dried up super super quickly but saying that it was a decent product and a lot better than some of the others in Boots.


I picked up a Natural Collection powder, £1.99, a few weeks ago. Absolute bargain. But it's not been great for my skin, broke me out badly but who can complain when it's so cheap!

I also bought a Natural Collection Blusher, in 'peach melba'. Lovely colour for a light flush on the cheeks. 'But it's not empty', I hear you say. Yes I know but this really annoyed me this morning and I felt the need to share. 
I tilted the packaging to swirl my brush in it and the pan fell out onto the floor and broke everywhere. I wanted to cry, but oh well that was only £1.99 too!

This is my most upsetting empty this month. My Vichy Dermablend foundation in shade 15 Opal. I don't use this as a foundation because it is super duper heavy, but it works fantastically as a concealer! It covers every blemish possible and I have no idea what I'm going to use as a concealer now until I get to the shops!



Finally I have a quick question for you guys. I've never bought any high end foundation before and because of my combination, spot prone skin I think it's about time I gave it a go. I've been paying close attention to youtube videos and read up. I'm considering Clinique's Superbalanced foundation.
What would you recommend?

Kat xx


No comments:

Post a Comment