I hate a naked nail. After wearing polish for so long it just looks slightly strange and now that it's Spring/Summer and the weather is warmer I feel like I can play around with different looks.
I saw this tattooed nail tutorial idea on Megan's blog Lips so Facto (she got the idea from a cute polish nail tutorial here) and I was dying to try it out for myself!
1. Apply a base coat - I used Sally Hansen hard as nails
2. Apply any colour polish you fancy - I used my favourite colour of the month, MaxFactor's polish in 'chilled lilac'. And leave until completely dry.
3. Cut the temporary tattoo sheet into small pieces, roughly the same size as your nails. (I do this step first to avoid ruining my painted nails!). You can buy temporary tattoo sheets from ebay - my one sheet was 50p!
4. Peel the plastic off of the tattoo pieces and place it (pattern side down) onto your nail.
5. Use a wet cotton wool pad to push the tattoo design onto your nail and leave few a minute or two until you can feel the design coming off onto your nail.
5. Leave to dry for a few minutes and then finish off with a clear topcoat.
I must admit my first attempt (above) was messy and you can see there are cracks in the tattoo designs... But my second attempt (below) was a lot better. For the nails below I used Barry M's polish in 'peach melba' to make it a little bit more colourful!
I love this idea because you get a different design everytime and they look really cute and summery!
Are you going to give this a go?