Sunday 8 April 2012

Secrets shared

Happy easter guys!

I'm not particularly religious but it is always nice to reflect on life etc etc. My parents are definitely the cutest, rather than getting easter eggs my mum gave me some of her treasured recipes, herbs and spices, a blender and some other secret ingredients so I can make some of her special dishes when I'm at university. I'm not going to lie, it brought a tear to my eye. She is adorable.

My mum also gave me a book a couple of days ago. 'The Descendants' by George Clooney. It is actually one of the best books I have read in the last few months. I don't know whether it's because I felt I could connect with it due to my personal life at the moment, or because of the way it is written.



So, it is personal, but my mum has recently had major surgery (she is all well now, phew) but before she handed me this book she said that my dad was going to do exactly the same as what Matt, the main character, does in this novel. Basically, a husband tries to reconnect with his two daughters whilst his wife is in a coma. It did have me crying at times and laughing out loud at others. It is also a film, but I have not seen it. I'm not sure if watching the film will ruin the whole plot for me. But I did find it to be a very good read, I read it in two days which says a lot!

Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment