Tuesday 24 July 2012

Purchase Prevention

Hey girlies! 

I want to do a quick post about money... Yes, money is a horrible subject but I think it could be useful, and if it isn't useful to you then it probably will be for myself.


I'm sure you guys have had some sort of struggle with spending before whether it's been simply having to restrain yourself from spending or having been in a situation of desperation. 

I have been in both of these situations. As my mum would say to me, 'money burns a hole in your pocket'. Whenever I leave the house I come back with some form of beauty or fashion purchase - for instance yesterday I went with my mum on the weekly grocery shop and ended up spending £20 on sandals and skin care (I'll show you in my next post). But the products are, more often than not, unnecessary buys! And I need to stop spending because my holiday is fast approaching and as a university student, I should be saving it for essentials.

SO

Here are a few tips to stop the splurging. 

1. Money doesn't grow on trees. Earn it where ever possible - work, chores, selling items - whatever you enjoy/feel like doing. Whether it is a big pay cheque at the end or a few pounds, it all adds up!

2. Don't take your purse everywhere you go! Leave the bank cards at home and take enough cash with you for emergencies and travel - this way you can't spend too much and regret it later (unless, of course, you have a very generous friend by your side at the time).

3. Keep the change. Have a money pot, put any coins that are bulking out your purse into a jar and you'll soon save up. Another idea is a swear jar / moan jar / negativity jar, putting money into the pot will make you  change your actions for the better and help you save at the same time.

They are my 3 little tips... I didn't want to bombard you guys with an essay today, because lets face it I'm more than likely to go against these rules anyway and splurge sometimes but I think it is good to keep them in mind! 

Hope you're all enjoying your day - Especially in the UK, it's a scorcher!

Kat xx


6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! Money is a right pain in the bum. But not taking money out is something I've been doing lately and obviously it's working! I can't spend it if I don;t have it!
    Hannah x confessioncloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult to get the balance right :) Yeah that's always the best way, if you don't have the money on you then you don't have any other option than to pass by the items and forget about them! xx

      Delete
  2. This was a great post, I'm such a bugger for spending money on stuff i don't need, especially on food etc. My favourite one is to leave my purse at home. Which i'm definitely going to do as i always waste money buying crap on my lunch break haha xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a good idea. I'm exactly the same, lunch breaks are dangerous if you get discount in the shop you work in and if you're near a town centre! xx

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I know how it is...I'm the worst when I'm browsing ebay, I'll almost always end up finding a pair of shoes or earrings I like. I'm FORCING myself to have more self-control...little by little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweety. Haha, ebay is difficult because a lot of stuff is SO cheap that you can't turn the opportunity down :p xx

      Delete