Tuesday 8 May 2012

Gift box galore

Birthday gifts are always tricky and I like to put some thought into what I buy somebody but it is often difficult to find a present that means something!

Whilst living at university, 5 hours from home, I don't talk to my parents that frequently and so it has been a lot harder to buy presents! It's my mums birthday in a few days so I decided to put together a little gift box. 
Here are the things I included... 


Mini FCUK signature bodywash £2.35
Mini Umberto Giannini beauty balm £1
Mini Ted Baker original body spray £2.35
Mini Bastiste dry shampoo £1.49
Mini Soap & Glory Hand Food £2.50
Peel-Off-Masque £1
(All from Boots)


Yankee Candle Tarts in Vanilla Cupcake, Vanilla Satin, Pink Lady Slipper £1.20 each
Purple soap £2.49. (Candles and soap from 'Cards & Candles')
Bracelet £5 (Sainsburys)
Two Glass Candle Plates 50p each (Sainsburys)


Green & Blacks mini milk chocolate and butterscotch chocolate 85p each
'Birthday Girl' Rosette (everyone loves a badge on their birthday!)
Mini box of Guylian Chocolates
Earrings Next £3



And there's finished box... it's all a bit crammed in there but I like the idea of her having to rummage through to find all the little goodies!


And of course I had to include this birthday card, I laughed for a good while and isn't it just adorable? 


Finally, a personal touch. This is a little something I drew at Art Society the other week.

What do you guys think of the goodies I included? I must admit  it was a bit rushed to put this all together and I'm worried about how much this is going to cost to post because it is rather heavy but I think she'll like it! One thing I really wanted to put in there (but it wouldn't have gotten here in time) was one of the Paul & Joe cat collection blusher sticks!

If you were to put a gift box together what would you include?

I hope you all had a good and relaxing bank holiday weekend!
Kat xx


12 comments:

  1. The soap and glory hand food is amazing! she'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've heard lots about it and she works as a cleaner so her hands are always dry etc. I hope she does! xx

      Delete
  2. I think this is a really nice idea and all of the gifts you have bought her are lovely. I like that you've varied the gifts and not stuck to say, just beauty gifts. Variation is always good. I do this with my bestie. Christmas, birthday, just get a ton of different little things! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I'm a bit annoyed that I didn't get any make-up bits but they would have probably gotten broken or something. It's a cute idea. Although the postage cost me £8 in the end... ouch xx

      Delete
  3. yankee candles are my fave thing ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to say that I've never bought a yankee candle for myself... xx

      Delete
  4. I think this is a great idea! I think your Mum will love it, you can see a lot of effort's been put into it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope she does! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  5. That's such a lovely idea! And omg!!! Yankee Candles are the best thing ever! I bought my first yankee candle tumblr the other day, and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Aw that's cool, I love yankee candles but have never owned one myself, definitely going to buy one soon though xx

      Delete
  6. Your mummy's a very lucky lady!
    I'm quite taken with the sainsbury's bracelet myself actually!
    Oh & that picture is crazy good!
    I love putting little gift boxes together for people so much more personal than a gift card!

    Thanks for sharing
    ..xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I hope she gets spoilt! But because she's just left at home with boys I'm a bit concerned that they've forgotten all about her!
      Yeah I was impressed with some of their accessories actually! Thank you sweety :) xx

      Delete